About MRG Construction Corp
We get it built right – Whatever it takes.
We deliver quality, on time construction projects for retail, commercial, industrial and multi-family clients. In 2019, our construction team grew in size and specialty. We extended our services to unrelated clients and took on more involved projects from interior build-outs to larger, ground up developments. Now, we’re prepared to build for you.
MRG Construction Corp shares its history, values, and tradition, as an affiliate of Matanky Realty Group. When Eugene Matanky established the firm in 1955, the business looked very different; basic technology was just emerging and construction methods were not as automated.
Though we’ve adapted into the modern era, we never forget our roots and make a point to stay true to those principles our founder first embodied.
The following is a brief sample of our development and construction projects:
- 1955 – Matanky Realty Group, formerly known as Eugene Matanky & Associates, is established as a full-service real estate brokerage, development and property management firm.
- 1978-83 – Matanky Realty Group joint ventures the development of the Wilshire Green condominiums, two mid-rise luxury apartment buildings in Indian Head Park, IL. Simultaneously, the team renovates and converts the Coach Light Condominiums in Arlington Heights, IL. The project includes 18 buildings comprised of 300 units.
- 1987 – Breaking Ground! Matanky Realty Group develops Grand Boulevard Plaza, a 140,000 SF shopping center located just off the Dan Ryan Expressway at Garfield Boulevard.
- 1998 – Matanky Realty Group begins the development of 5 high-end condominium buildings with 30 units, including 20 duplex units. The property is located on the 1700 block of West Diversey Ave.
- 1999 – Matanky Realty Group redevelops Chicago Kedzie Plaza with an additional building, façade renovation and parking lot and landscape improvements.
- 2000 – Matanky Realty Group wins the Chicago Neighborhood Developer of the Year for its work on Chicago Kedzie Plaza. This is the first of multiple times the team is honored. Later this year, Matanky Realty Group completes a $2 million redevelopment at Orchard Park Plaza in Park Forest, IL that includes the complete renovation of a 58,000 SF grocery store.
- 2005 – It’s official! MRG Construction Corp is formally incorporated as an affiliate of Matanky Realty Group. The company begins offering construction services to related management clients.
- 2006 – Matanky Realty Group redevelops Bishop Plaza, a 75,519 SF neighborhood, grocery-anchored shopping center, in conjunction with MRG Construction Corp.
- 2011 – MRG Construction Corp and Matanky Realty Group begin the redevelopment of two heavy timber, light industrial warehouses. Space is carved out for artisans in the 50,000 and 80,000 SF buildings, located in up-and-coming Chicago neighborhoods.
- 2018 – Time for a facelift! MRG Construction Corp and Matanky Realty Group redevelop Lynwood Plaza. Initially developed in 1982, the 12,800 SF center undergoes a $600,000 renovation including a new roof and interior buildout.
- 2019 – Joe DiFatta, a 35-year construction veteran, joins the team as Vice President sparking immediate growth with numerous projects for local and national clients, ranging from ground up construction and interior tenant built out to commercial remodeling.
- 2020 & Beyond – MRG Construction Corp increases its volume and capacity, and grows with the addition of project managers, superintendents and administrative personnel.
Our history is a testament of who we are. As general contractors, developers and portfolio owners, we’ve worked with numerous property types and through multiple economic cycles. We understand the industry because we’ve been there, with all its challenges and opportunities.
We spent decades developing ourselves, brick by brick. Although, we expanded our expertise to include more areas, more projects and more people, we stay true to our core values. These historical stepping stones demonstrate our much deeper impact and experience. Looking ahead, we remain committed to providing our clients and our community with honest, fair and quality service.
Meaningful Relationships. Greater Connections. Join our story and see how MRGC Means More.