Reports To: Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager provides administrative and project support to Project Managers working on commercial construction projects. The Assistant Project Manager plays a key role in ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget and at expected quality measures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to Construction Project Managers, including scheduling meetings, preparing reports, completing paperwork, managing budgets, procuring bids, issuing submittals and samples, and coordinating with vendors and subcontractors.
- Assist with the planning and execution of projects, including developing project schedules, budgets, and risk assessments.
- Communicate clearly across multiple channels including phone, email, virtual meetings, and in-person meeting with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Track project progress and identify any potential risks or delays.
- Prepare and deliver project reports to stakeholders.
- Maintain project files and records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business administration, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in the construction industry preferred in an assistant project manager or project engineer role. However, we will encourage new graduates, particularly those who have served internships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Procore and CRM preferred.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with company match and paid time off & holidays.
- Access to health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of commercia construction projects.
- Chance to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
We seek a motivated and organized individual with a strong interest in the construction industry. If you possess those qualities, we encourage you to apply for the Assistant Project Manager position. MRG Construction Corp is an equal opportunity employer.