Commercial construction projects demand high quality work, schedule and cost management, and attainment of business requirements. Without an experienced and professional team, projects can run amuck resulting in lost time and money. Recruitment of the right team for the job can make the difference!
In the realm of commercial construction, the successful completion of any project largely depends on the expertise and reliability of the general contractor. At MRG Construction Corp (MRGC), we understand the significance of this role, and we commit our expertise and professionalism to ensure our clients make the best, most informed decisions for their needs. To help businesses navigate this important choice, we have put together a guide on how to select the right general contractor.
Commercial construction contains complexities and nuances which distinguish this discipline from residential building. Corporations and business owners should choose a contractor with a significant and glowing track record in commercial projects. They should have:
- Experience in a variety of commercial projects, from office spaces to retail outlets.
- Knowledge about the specific requirements and codes for commercial properties.
- A portfolio that showcases their previous work.
Visit https://mrgconstruction.com/our-projects/ to see MRGC’s growing portfolio of projects for clients such as Starbucks, Casey’s, Tapestry 360 Health Centers, and many more.
Proper Licensing and Insurance
Your selected contractor should have all the necessary licenses to operate in your jurisdiction or should have the ability to attain the appropriate license from the local municipality. In addition to that:
- They should carry liability insurance to protect against any damage or injuries on the job.
- They should maintain worker’s compensation insurance to cover employees working on the site.
MRGC ensures that we carry the proper license, bonding, and insurance for any project.
A great general contractor understands the importance of clear and consistent communication.
- Project Managers should respond quickly and courteously when communicating.
- The staff should demonstrate a willingness to listen to your ideas, provide feedback, and keep you informed throughout the project.
The MRGC team strives to leverage technology and several different communication channels to keep all stakeholders informed and to receive questions and feedback.
Good general contractors reliably source resources to accommodate project needs.
- They have a permanent office setup with a team of project managers and superintendents to communicate needs and manage procurements.
- They maintain a flexible and reliable network of subcontractors and suppliers.
MRG Construction leverages relationships with service providers, subcontractors, and suppliers of materials and furnishings to meet requirements.
Get Multiple Bids (But Do not Always Go for the Cheapest)
Prior to committing to work with MRGC, we encourage you to gather bids from multiple contractors as a good practice. This gives you a clearer picture of market rates.
However, while you might find it tempting to choose the lowest bid, ensure that the general contractor you select can provide the highest quality work without compromise.
Ask About Their Work Process
Every contractor approaches a project differently. Engage with your potential contractor to understand their work process to ensure it aligns with your expectations.
- How do they handle unexpected challenges?
- How do they perform quality control?
- How frequently will they provide updates?
At MRG Construction, we strive to be transparent about our work process. Our clients work with us so all parties involved remain in step throughout the entire engagement.
Choosing the right general contractor can lead to the successful completion of any commercial construction project. By considering the above points and conducting thorough research, you can ensure that your project is in the right hands. For expert consultation and unmatched quality in commercial construction, contact MRG Construction Corp by calling us at 312-201-3800 or clicking the button below. What can we build for you?